Thursday, July 22, 2010

My summer holiday

I know I have gone on a bit about Second Life (SL), but where else would you go for a quick holiday, where the only costs is the energy needed to click the computer mouse...

... After a mishap in a canoe tour - where I (Yona Spearsong) was chucked out into the water - I decided to explore the da vinci gardens- whale watching centre. I had 'found' a landmark card (or whatever the term is) in a treasure chest in the sea near the Murdoch Institute, during a swim with fellow avatar Dianne last Sunday.
After a 'water dance' in which I truly felt free in my body (the power of suggestion?) I took a spin on a seahorse. How magical. OK, I admit, I do have a brain which accommodates magic and fantasy rather freely, but still. Where else do you get it? I started to enjoy myself, and felt the tension from the A&E experience last week and the subsequent exhaustion and illness, float away...
... so, I played a little piano to celebrate. Under the sea. At the south Pole, apparently. Where else? Unfortunately I didn't have any money on me to give the dancer a tip...

I 'teleported' to dry land again and met some families out having fun. To my delight Magic was in the air here as well. There was a huge feather waiting for me to go on a 'tour-de sky'.
I finish my adventure holiday in a treehouse. Climbing the rope ladder without any difficulty, I relaxed by a crackling fire, overlooking the sea, and having the company of a squirrel, an owl and.. a bottle of wine!

I never ever thought I could get excited about the computer's possibilities, but I have to admit, visiting SL at times, does the job, and in a way has given me 'fuel' to get on with Real Life.

Thanks again Kirsty and Dianne, and the creators of these magical worlds at our fingertips.

4 comments:

Kirsty Best said...

What an inspirational and delightful story Corina!

kasia said...

Great story Corina...."played a little piano under the water.."... i almost hear it....

Cusp said...

Brilliant that you can do screen grabs. Didn't know you could do that. I must have another go at 2nd Life.Just got irritated with navigation last time but I'll try again :O)

Corina Duyn said...

Thank you all, I had such a great time, and it is lovely to share the experience. By the way, can anyone tell me where I can go for a bicycle ride in SL? :-)
Cusp: please do visit again, and the photos are taken by clicking on the 'take snapshot' (or something along those lines) in the bottom bar. Have fun!