Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cloning

This past week I have been preparing my book Flying on Little Wings (*) for it's cloning.
Funny term isn't it, cloning- it sounds a bit like 'clowning'. I can tell you that my cloning process was far from it!
  • Cloning in biology is the process of producing similar populations of genetically identical individuals that occurs in nature.
  • The term also refers to the production of multiple copies of a product such as digital media and software.
  • The term clone is derived from κλῶνος, the Greek word for "trunk, branch", referring to the process whereby a new plant can be created from a twig.
Now we're talking sense! Clone comes from the word trunk or branch - my kind of language! Nature- Trees- Growing!

As the handmade version of Flying on Little Wings is getting responses like "It's so precious (while handling the book with love and gentleness)- I would like to give a copy to all whom I love" and "It's beautiful- I look at it often." "Please post me another copy as I have given mine to a bird-loving friend" ; "I would like a copy for my daughter who is ill", I have decided to take the flight and bring it out as a small printed book. (10x10cm)
First of all, a Big Thank You to all of you whom have given me such joy in sharing my latest creative flight. And to others whom are helped me with the 'cloning' process, like Shannon who has helped me with having the tiny feather land on the cover; Connie at City Print - Cork for reassuring me about the paper quality for the printing. And all others that are encouraging me to take this flight.

It was a busy week with preparing for the printing (cloning). I must admit that I was getting a little carried away by it all, resulting in tiredness... There are always changes to be made, words to correct, images to be moved a little from the edge... A cover to design.

I realized that this book project was born out of the need to live my life more creatively (again) within the boundaries of the this alien world of M.E. (**)I am living in. I achieved my goal, but am fully aware that this objective has reached the next stage: hard work.
Work to sell this book, although, if the responses to date are anything to go by, maybe I will be so lucky that the book will spread it's wings by 'word of mouth'. Or would it be feather to feather, or seed to seed...

If by any chance you'd like to order copy(s) in advance, See Shop. They will retail at €4.99
I hope to have the copies by the end of February.

If you liked this post, or would like to read more about the books
or about "Alien Life" please see
(**) alien-life

Always interested to read your comments XX

3 comments:

sue page said...

It looks great Corina!

I think news of the new book could be passed 'beak to beak' too!

Wishing you well with this project.

dianne said...

so excited for you corina . what a beautiful idea .I feel strangely proud of , and for you

Corina Duyn said...

Thank you both Sue and Dianne, it feels great to know that I have your support and that Dianne is proud of me, and for me.
Lovely!!
Beak to beak indeed! why didn't I think of that!