Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jogging through the forest

As many of my readers will be aware, I am living with the chronic illness M.E. for almost 13 years now. The symptoms are varied from person to person. For many this illness means a major change in their lives, (to put it mildly) and it has a habit of joining up with many other ailments in the body, like IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and  FibromyalgiaThe lather is a syndrome in which people experience long-term, body-wide pain and tender points in joints, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues. Fibromyalgia has also been linked to fatigue, sleep problems, headaches, depression, anxiety, and other symptoms.


I still believe in recovery from all the above. I am unwilling to give up. On days when I have an appointment with the 'medical profession', or when I am in serious pain, or I can't take part in the activities I would like, I am reminded with all force that "all is not well". I hate those 'reality checks' with a vengeance. They are incredible unsettling. I rather get on with my life as best I know how. A life in which I can be well in my mind, and although throughout the day I come face to face with restrictions, I can deal with them. 
One of my ways of coping and striving for further recovery is to take time out to do guided meditations. I have not mastered meditations on my own, but feel fortunate to have come across Kerie Logan. 

  • Kerie has been utilizing meditation, imagery and hypnosis for over 17-years. She learned and understood the powerful life changing benefits that hypnosis, guided imagery, meditation, and energetic healing work can bring to someone in need. Kerie's intuitive and transformational coaching skills evolved in 2000 and in 2004, when she was awarded at the Positive Changes Hypnosis Convention - "Outstanding Slenderific/Hypo-Nutrition Coach of the Year".
I have purchased many of the guided meditations downloads over the years, from aid to help me with a more restful sleep, to learning about the pain in my body, and how to limit this pain. 
For the past week or so I am using the Guided Healing Meditation for Fibromyalgia. Kerie brings me on a journey to look into my 'book of time' and guides me back to a time when I hadn't even heard of the fibromyalgia, and when I was well. The effects are quite powerful and I have been brought back to many a happy memory of jogging through the forest, or swimming alone in a huge swimmingpool. This positive feeling is brought with me when I return to the present time.

I have been in contact with Kerie and she is looking into the workings of the hypothalamus gland, as some doctors belive that the malfunctioning of this gland is at the root of the problems for people with M.E./ fibromyalgia and IBS. She might be able to bring us a meditation in time to help us deal with this. If you are interested in any of her gentle healing meditations, please visit Empowered Within and browse throught the long list of options.

Wishing you all the best.

No comments: