Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Creative for a Second or Two (Journal 4)

So much to write and yet can't get my head around it...

But have something really wonderful to share with you.
A few years ago Kirrily Anderson started a project to share/and showcase the creative talents of people living with M.E. which at the same time showed little snippets on how their lives are affected by the illness. "Creative for a Second" it was called and the book can be viewed by clicking on the link.

I am the proud owner of a printed copy of this book.

Last year I took part in the follow up project: Creative for a Second or Two. 
Nine journals made it around the world. Two of them are now available to view on Issuu.
I'd like to share with you Journal number 4, where my work is among some other amazingly interesting art.

Enjoy! And I'll assure you, you'll be inspired for more than a second or two!

4 comments:

Bernadette said...

That is wonderful Corina. Congrats on having your work included in there. Which one is yours?

Corina Duyn said...

... at last ... back in cyberspace to answer your question.
My work in there are on page 10 till 14. Loved being involved in this project. There are many more books going around, and it might be worth checking out the facebook page dedicated to "Creative for a second.

Best wishes
Corina

Miriam said...

I love the motorbikes photo! It made me smile! :D I like the bird flying free too - being ill & housebound does feel just like being caught in a net.

I took part in the Creative for a Second project too but I can't remember what number my journal was now! Ah sure, I'll know it when I see it! But I loved the experience, the motivation to sit down & make art and the permission to use art to explore my illness. Sch a great experience! I'm so thankful to Kirrily for organising it.

Corina Duyn said...

Thanks Miriam,
Lovely to have your company here.

Kirrily is a hero in my eyes. She created a wonderful opportunity to create and to have a closer look at what illness means to each and anyone of us.
Creativity is a great healer. That's my belief anyway.

wishing you all the best.
Corina