Saturday, July 11, 2015

Illness has many challenges. But so does life in general.

Into the Light was a project I started in earnest during a residency at the Tyrone Guthrie Centre at Annaghmakerrig in August 2013.

I created a large mindmap. Since that time, the book has seen many incarnations. From long essays, to what it is today. A book-in-a-box.

Illness in itself dictated the way the book was to turn out.

After a year of struggling with deteriorating health, and an increasing inability to do my writing or my art, I was close to giving up on the project.
But during my second stay at the Dechen Shying Care Centre in West Cork, I was looking at the prayer flags, and how they are a way to share words of wisdom and thoughts.

I started to create my writing in that way. Short observations, on loose sheets. ‘The rest is history’ as the saying goes.

Pre-orders of the book, or the pledging for original art which feature in my book, or pledging any amount from €5 upwards, will help me Greatly to fund the printing of the book, and the making of the boxes.
Your book will be signed and numbered and ready for collection at the book launched in September, or can be posted to anywhere in the world. (postage included), until the 15th of July.

Many thanks for your support, past and present.





supported by

No comments: