Monday, June 12, 2017

Fragile

Today I aspire to be like the fragile, and yet strong poppy flower
photograph of an orange poppy flower with green background. Fragile
poppy flower

While I try to hang on to those amazing moments of my trip to my country of birth, there are so many thoughts swirling through my painful and tired body. Too many to relate in the one post. 

While I re-arrange them into order in my head, and make sense of them all, the one overriding word for today is: 


FRAGILE: 

(of a person) not strong or sturdy; delicate and vulnerable.


Synonyms: weak, delicate, frail, debilitated, shaky, ill, unwell, ailing, poorly, infirm, feeble...



Origin: late 15th century (in the sense ‘morally weak’): from Latin fragilis, from frangere ‘to break’. The sense ‘liable to break’ dates from the mid 16th century. (and an interesting graft of the use of the word Fragile over time - became popular since the 60's)

No comments: